Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Drought map.

       Readers of this blog know that I've been writing about how dry it is in South Dakota. This USDA map shows that Brookings County, home of The Little house, is in better condition than most of the state.  Start counting counties from the nexus of  MN, ND, SD, i.e., top right hand corner of the map, to the 4th county down and that's Brookings. Normal forage production on June 1, indicates that Brookings is relatively in better condition than almost anywhere else in the state. 

    Lawns are turning brown and my neighbor and I have suspended lawn mowing until it rains. Today it is 90 degrees with 37% humidity.  With the low humidity level it feels comfortable to me. Of course my comfort zone begins at 75 degrees and up. 😀



Takk for alt,

Al

No comments: