Sunday, June 13, 2021

The longest day!

      My memory of Sunday evenings when I was a college student was that it was a "down"  time. Sunday's now are a bit like that. Kaia and I took a good walk early, 7:00 a.m., if that is early. Then followed the traditional Sunday blueberry pancake breakfast. After which it was time to read the newspaper. Church services are online followed with a live, zoom coffee hour. That completes the morning.

    It is the afternoon and evening that can get a bit long. Now many WNBA games can be accessed online so that's good entertainment. Reading?  At the moment motivation for reading is lacking, though I'm near finishing the 1300+ page biography of Harry Truman, which is very good. 

    Young robins are frequenting my yard and likely their parents are busy with a second nest. Saw a flock of canada geese on Lake Joanne...many adults with their goslings. They graze on the corn planted nearby. Last year they ate acres of soybeans from the same field. 

Takk for alt,

Al


                               My pond at sunset last night.




No comments: