Friday, June 11, 2021

Obsessed.

            Awakening to the sound of thunder this morning gave me hope of a significant rain. It's clear, and fascinating, how obsessed I've become with rain. O course rain matters and to many more than it does to me. When my weather app predicted an 80% chance of rain today it gives no indication of amount. The apps prediction was accurate as rain fell thus fulfilling the 80% chance.

          The rain awakened in me internal dissonance. Feelings of gratitude for what came get all mixed up with regret that there wasn't more rain.  Five miles west of  Sinai it was a sprinkle, thus my west field didn't get any, Sinai got .2" and my east field got .4"  So, I'm trying my best to be grateful and not focus on the lack.

       Yesterday I posted about the pond across the street from The Little House. Kaia and I were in the front yard last night enjoying the evening air. A turtle, about the size of a salad plate, crossed the street in front of us heading away from the pond toward the houses. Thinking I knew better than the turtle I redirected it to the pond. 

Takk for alt

Al

No comments: