Thursday, August 1, 2019

Writing

The quote below is from:

(WWW.MENSGROUP.ORG – “ORIGINAL STUDY”)

"Based upon my own personal experience, losing a loved one is a very painful and conflicting experience for anyone to endure. In many ways, losing a loved one is more unbearable than being sick and dying ourselves.

When we lose a loved one, many tough emotions face us. For me, my emotions were raw and very confusing while losing several loved ones unexpectedly in my life. I had thoughts such as: What could I have done to help more? I should have said this or done that. Why did God do this? How can I endure the deep pain and hurt I feel? How will I survive on my own?
Writing down feelings and emotions often helps us see more clearly, thereby enabling us to identify our challenges and then attempting to overcome them. What emotions are you feeling?"

Who knew. that when I took over posting on Joanne's Caring Bridge site. that I'd be still writing it 15 months after her death. Writing has been helpful for me, Men's Group "Writing down feelings and emotions often helps us see more clearly..." Yes, this is true to my experience. Identifying feelings is not the most natural experience for me for which, in part, I credit my background. Blogging has helped me clarify my feelings and experience so that I can express them in writing. That has been good for me.
Moreover, writing on a public blog post has created a virtual community accompanying me in the land of grief. Comments, hearts, emails and conversations in response to what I have posted tell me that I am not alone. Not only do others grieve Joanne's death but, in their other losses as we share, I find comfort in their wisdom, compassion, attention and experience. A "great cloud of witnesses" bear me up with their presence. One friend said "Because I read your blog everyday, when I see you I don't need to ask how you are." Truly, I am blessed.

Takk for alt,

Al

Today's agitation: What questions do you need to ask while you can?

No comments: