Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Next???

What if I suffer memory failure?  What if I have a medical crisis?  For sixteen months I've lived in the land of grief without adult supervision, though my children do try to supervise from a distance. But, those two questions above, have prompted me to consider "what's next?"   Not wanting to wait until a new living arrangement is a requirement rather than a choice I've begun to consider options.
   Nothing is imminent, I like my condo, it's location and my living situation.  This is in the 'preventive'  category so that, if and, when I should need help I'm prepared.  On our ride home from The Little House on the Prairie today Tom and I had a very helpful conversation about living wisely and well...his words.  He and his wife thoroughly studied and researched options and have made their plan.  If the time comes that I need additional care I want to be prepared so that I go to a place of my choice, rather than to a place chosen with a hurried decision forced by lack of preparation.
    Joanne is to be credited with the move we made to this condo which was a great choice.  Much of the needed downsizing has been done.  She was the one who recognized that it was time for us to make a move and she was the one who did most of the searching. For both of those realities; getting us moving and doing most of the searching, I am grateful to her.  Just another of the myriad ways she was a blessing to me.

Takk for alt,

Al






No comments: