Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Legacy

     There are things that I wish Joanne would have done better. Many of you received a card from her on a special occasion; birthday, anniversary, sympathy, special event.  She's send about 20 cards or more a month. So far so good. Her system of keeping addresses on file was straight out of the 1960s, when she began. She maintained, sort of maintained, two 3"X5" card files; in town and at large. Names, addresses and sometimes telephone numbers were written on the cards and often are legible. When someone moved she'd scratch out the old address and write the new one on the card. There are cards in the file with multiple addresses scratched out and new ones  squeezed on.
     Today I was addressing some cards and, as I squinted at her writing, I sometimes struggled to decipher "what is that letter?" or "what is that number?"  She steadfastly refused to computerize the files. Of course I wish she would have done it. Perhaps it's time for me......

Takk for alt,

Al

No comments: