Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Roots

Have you ever appreciated something subliminally while never really stopping to full understand it? For the second time this summer I'm seeing the environs of The Little House On The Prairie through another persons eyes. This is helping me to realize consciously and appreciatively how deep are my roots here.  One set of grandparents settled here in 1884 and the other set in 1885...twelve miles apart. Tonight at dinner seven of us can trace our lineage in one way or another back to those grandparents. One hundred and thirty five years of family connections to this place creates roots! Joanne is buried by one set of those grandparents.
    On my nephews farm today we entered the building in which I was schooled for eight years. At dinner tonight a diner came over and introduced himself, Tommy Teller, with whom I attended school in that building for seven of those years.  Tommy was the object of my envy then because he had a pony.  Likely it has been 50+ since we had met. This, too, was a reminder of my roots. 
    Roots are another blessing for which I am grateful!

Takk for alt,

Al

The School House

   

No comments: