Thursday, August 15, 2019

Next ???, Part 2.

My mind is so clean because I change it so often 😋. Or, maybe I'm just wishy washy! The topic is 'what's next for me after life in this condo'.  This has been a great place, first for us, and now for me. The energy of being downtown has, and still, appeals to me. The building in which my condo is located is called The Crossings because the skyway crosses through the 2nd floor, going off in four directions. (For non-Minnesotans; the skyway is a nine mile system of enclosed, 2nd story walkways covering downtown Minneapolis.) Joanne loved taking her walker and walking to Target in it, which was over a mile away and, of course, there was a coffee stop on the way home. Housed in the Crossings are good friends and many acquaintances. The heated, underground, parking is also a nice perk. The 1800+ square feet that I occupy is more than I need, but I'm not anxious to move. The satisfaction of my present situation made me think I'd stay here until I needed assisted living.
   A CCRC, (Continuing Care Retirement Community), was not something I'd considered until Tom explained their decision to opt for one. One of the prime movers for their decision was entering the retirement community in independent living with the option of continuing care; assisted living if they need it and skilled nursing also if they need it. They found a place with a vibrant community in the independent living units. They are excited about being a part of that community.
   The idea of being part of a new community has some appeal for me and that's new. Wish washy? Perhaps not, just new data to which I want to be open. From the response to last night's post I gather I'm not the first one to think about this and Tom and his wife are waaaaayyy ahead of me. One difference between us is that this will be their first downsize from a lovely old home, whereas Joanne and I made that move almost 10 years ago.
    Well, stay tuned and share your wisdom and experience with me.  Data gathering, conversation, research and contemplation is on my docket.  Fortunately it doesn't appear that a need to change is imminent for me, so I hope to choose well before a need arises. 

Takk  for alt,

Al

No comments: