Friday, August 30, 2019

Stabbed in the heart

    With my people bladder comfortably filled by family and friends there is equilibrium in the land of  grief. Blessed with good health, good opportunities and meaningful engagements, not to mention good books to read, life is satisfying. The discombobulation of the total grief that enveloped me in early bereavement is over. It took about ten months for me to regain the feeling of being myself again and that feeling persists.  Blessings abound in my life for which I'm immeasurably grateful. 
     Then suddenly in the midst of daily routine it strikes me, almost as if it's new information, Joanne is gone and she's not coming back. It's a stab straight to the heart and exacerbated by the recognition that it's over sixteen months since she died. Sixteen months of life in the land of grief with the accumulated experiences of that time, which excludes her, making the stab more painful. In some ways the pain is worse with the recognition of how much she's missed and how much I've missed sharing. Ah, yes, the presence of absence persists in the land of grief.

Takk for alt,

Al

No comments: