Thursday, August 29, 2019

Serenity

     Today at coffee a friend said "I think God's greatest gift is serenity."  Wow! I thought, I need to hear more about that! To my questions, he went on to elaborate that when we live in God's will the result is serenity. Harmony is the result of finding that to which we are called.
    It didn't end there. He went on to say, next to serenity is humility. To which I replied "I'm very proud of my humility." 😋 But, again, I was in total agreement.  Another friend did consulting with missionaries in Africa. He said "He always arrived as a dumb shi-t, who knew nothing." This approached opened up the conversation and he learned much because his openness allowed others to inform him and, also legitimized his asking myriad questions, since he didn't pretend to be an expert. Humility is the prerequisite to learning...if we think we know everything we have nothing to learn and we shut ourselves off from new knowledge.
    The history book club in which I participate is a constant reminder of how little I know. Every book we read opens whole new vistas of which I knew little or nothing. It also reminds me of how narrow was my education even though I was a history major.
    Yes, I have the greatest friends!👍

Takk for alt,

Al

No comments: