Sunday, May 6, 2018

Sign? or Coincidence?

 It is my custom to go to church on Sunday, so, that is what I did today.  Life is made up of habits, and, one of mine is to look in the front of the hymnbook I'm using, to see who gave it.  Opening to the front of the book today this is what I read "Given In Memory of Rev. Oscar C. and Myrtle Hanson by Allan and Joanne Negstad."  Well, of course I teared up as I thought about Joanne's parents and much more.
    My head tells me "it was just a coincidence" while my heart says "it was a sign."  If a sign, then a sign of what?  That I'm not alone?  That Joanne is now a part of "that great cloud of witnesses?"  Whichever it was, I was moved and now hours later I get misty thinking about it.
    Poignancy reigns.  Attending a book club this afternoon, in our former neighborhood in Golden Valley, was walking into an atmosphere of support that was palpable.  The book under discussion, Behold the Dreamers, Imbolo Mbue was selected by Joanne.  It had been given to her by M.J.V., who kept Joanne in reading material.  It is a very good book but Joanne....you know the rest.

  Blessings,

Al

No comments: