Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Caring Bridge 5/18/2018

Journal entry by Joanne Negstad — May 18, 2018
       So here I am, alone, in the Little House on the Prairie.  IBeing here is better than I expected and there is also an interesting learning.  Joanne loved it here.  She could connect with family, and in the peace and quiet of this little village, she could sit in her recliner and read all night.  She even loved the 'hand me down bed' from Sharon's mom.  Iv'e often been here alone with Joanne back in Minneapolis, though in the last year she'd come here more frequently.
       Coming here this week I wondered how it would be?  Would I just want to go quicly back to Minneapolis?  Here comes the learning.  Being here alone, now I feel less urgency about returning to Minneapolis.  When I was here without her previously, I was anxious to return to her.  Now I miss her equally in both places, so staying here alone is no harder than staying alone in Minnapolis.
       She is missing out on so much.  Tonight family gathered for dinner and  wesat and talked, told Joanne stories, laughed and shared for three and a half hours.  She would have loved it.  The presence of absence continues.

Blessings,

al

No comments: