Monday, January 1, 2024

That was fun!

    Back in the day in small towns, perhaps yet, bridal showers were community events. Joanne would return saying that the pleasure of those events was made, or not, based upon one's seat mates. Last night the OFH's New Year's Party was fun for me. Much of my satisfaction came from being seated at a table with persons with whom I enjoyed visiting. In addition the potluck food was excellent. Obviously the attendees know their way around a kitchen. It was a wonderful buffet. The ambiance was mellow with the club room comfortably full. It was nice to meet more of the community. Three hours is sufficient to fill my people bladder.

   Monthly there's a military veteran's gathering at the OFH. Usually when they meet I'm away. Today I was able to attend for the first time. Five veterans attended, three from the Vietnam era, one from Korean War era, and I who served between those eras. Few persons are interested in my military experience therefore it was satisfying to have an interested audience. The group was enhanced by the absence of any long-winded, dominant speakers. So far I'm the only Marine that's surfaced.

Takk for alt,

Al

Persons my age need to learn this new telephone etiquette. Text before you call younger persons and do not leave voicemail. 

No comments: