Saturday, January 13, 2024

Leisure

      From where I sit in my recliner in the OFH I can see a bus stop across the street. Uffda, pity the persons dependent on bus transportation in this cold weather. It's another reminder of my good fortune and I am grateful

   After an early morning walk with Kaia it seemed a good day to stay inside. With a day with no external demands it offered opportunity for telephone conversations. The first was with my friend who will be 101 in March. He thought that perhaps, if the cold persists, he may skip church tomorrow. The trip to church is 12? miles which he drives regularly.

   Waiting for a delayed flight was a good time to visit, the friend was waiting not I, for the second call. He's accompanying his daughter's family as they travel to Utah to go skiing. At age 80, or is it 81/ he's not skiing. I suggested he cut off some old skis just in front of the boots so he'll have "bar skis". Wearing them he'll be able to approach the bar. 😁 

    A call to North Dakota revealed that it was 26 degrees below zero this morning, that's about 25 miles from the Canadian border. It reminds of the farmer who farmed just over the border from North Dakota into Canada. When the land was resurveyed it was discovered that his land was actually in North Dakota. Asked how he felt about this development he said, "I'm very relieved, I don't think I could have taken another Canadian winter."

Takk for alt,

Al



               In other words "it could have been worse."

No comments: