Thursday, January 11, 2024

Change

      While living in Davenport, IA, listening to National Public Radio via Iowa Public Radio, the announcer said "The next recording is on compact disc."  What? What's a compact disc? I wondered. Now there is compact disc holder in the bedroom filled with compact discs. In the two years of occupancy of the OFH I've not used any of them. No interest in music? The interest in music hasn't change but the delivery mechanism has.

   With significant hearing impairment, or said another way, I'm almost deaf as a post😉, I've found a method of listening that allows me the full measure of sound. Can you guess how? Hearing aids! Hearing aids paired with phone. Sounds from my phone transfer electronically to my aids. Find You Tube on my phone, type in the music I want to hear, and full spectrum sound magically appears. This renders my collection of CDs obsolete. All of the CDs are on You Tube. Some change is for the better.

Takk for alt,

Al

   

            Anyone you know in this comic?

No comments: