Saturday, January 20, 2024

Little House

       After attending the memorial service for Brian Gunch at Central Lutheran, Mpls., this morning Kaia and I motored to The Little House. It's been a month since we left. My neighbor, Josh, had shoveled the sidewalk and steps which facilitated reentry. 

     Before leaving the house I drained the pipes, opened all the faucets and turned the water off. The furnace kept the house at 50 degrees in our absence. Closing the faucets I went to the basement and turned on the water. Returning to the upstairs bathroom I found the shower spraying the room even though the faucet was turned off.  Trying a number of tricks to get the faucet off didn't work.

   At five p.m. on Saturday evening I called a plumber in Brookings, fifteen miles away, and by six-thirty the faucet was repaired. Cost? Zero! Perhaps the fact that the plumber has been bowhunting on my property for 30+ years may be a factor. He told me once that his wife had said "you've been hunting there forever, get over and fix it." 😀

Takk for alt,

Al

No comments: