Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Well then......

      Ann Patchett is one of my favorite authors. Most of what she written, I have read. An exception is her latest, Tom Lake, which has great reviews. As a subscriber to her First Edition Book Club a book she's chosen is sent every month. The books are signed by the author.

    Enclosed with each book is a single page she writes about the book. The Heaven On Earth Grocery Store, I recently finished is the type of book that justifies the subscription. Occasionally the page she writes is about her relationship with the author and less about the book. These books I've not appreciated. In fact the one I began reading last night was by a friend of hers. Ten pages into the book I quit and will not pursue it further.

     There are more books on the stack from which to choose.

Takk for alt,

Al

PS This has been an exceptionally good year for the late season native grass, big bluestem. Why? Could it have been the heavy snow cover last winter?  See the picture below taken this morning.



No comments: