Friday, September 29, 2023

Anxiety, the gift that keeps on giving.

       I'll soon leave on an international trip. While I  haven't travelled internationally since coming home abruptly in 2020 as COVID spread, I've made enough trips to know the routine. Thoughts are occupied with what to bring or not. A valid passport was the least of my worries until L asked "Your passport is up to date?" "Yes" I replied.

     Then doubts crept in. "What if it's expired?" "Are you sure there's still time left on it?" "If it's not valid you're in trouble." Anxiety triggers are so interesting.. "Did you turn the over off?" "Are you sure you locked the door?"  All someone needs to do is ask a question "are you sure?" and anxiety does the rest. To lay anxiety to rest today I looked at the passport. The result? It's good until 2027/ Anxiety for nothing, which is usually the case.

Takk for alt,

Al

No comments: