Saturday, September 16, 2023

F & F

      Tonight is one of those time that I'm flooded with gratitude for family and friends. When Tim visited Tuesday night seven family members were available and joined for dinner. There's a hospitality in that that is worth celebrating.

    In my dotage it's a blessing to have friends both long term and recent. Some are so long term that it's not possible to remember a time when they weren't known.  Then there are others who have come into relationship recently. While I live alone, Joanne's fear that in her absence I'd be isolated is far from my reality.

     In the aftermath of Joanne's death I often remarked that it was the relationships that saw me through. Those relationships and also new ones are what make my life rich and full. Thank you!

Takk for alt,

Al

                         Okinawa mud, 1962.


No comments: