Monday, September 11, 2023

Fell off the wagon!

         Some days ago when I gave up reading The Covenant Of Water I fell off the 'reading wagon'. Part of the lack of reading can also be attributed to a bit of travel. Visible from my recliner is a stack of fifteen books that I have yet to read. Actually there are more; some at the OFH, and others out of sight in The Little House.

       Strange as it may seem the 'reading mood' evaporated  temporarily. Something like guilt gnaws on me when I go days without reading. In 2020 when I read at a rapid pace there was a conversation about the reading that went like this. "Reading so much, how do you remember it all?"  Al answered "I don't have to remember it all. There is no test." Perhaps I might ask "What becomes of all you see/hear on TV?" 😀

     It feels as though something inside has moved and reading is about to be resumed.

Takk for alt,

Al


                                       The late Ruth Quail, my teacher for the first three grades.

No comments: