Thursday, September 21, 2023

Reliability matters!

       For twenty two years my truck has always started.  Oh wait, there was a time it didn't. Experiencing starter failure I was driving it from The Little House to my favorite garage in Minneapolis. On the way I stopped for gas in Walnut Grove. When I went to leave the starter failed. Back in the station I asked if there were a tow shop in town. Answering no, the proprietor said his eyesight was too poor to drive. Then he asked if it was a stick shift, which it was. He suggested that he and his wife try rolling it for a start, they did and it did (start)! For years after I made a point of stopping there for gas.

    But now the faithful old truck has not started a time or two. Today it started, I drove it to a repair shop in Brookings. My nephew who works in town gave me a ride home as he left work. If it isn't fixed I might get stalled in the field and have to call the bankers for a ride. 😀 

Takk for alt,

Al

PS A local farmer reported soybean yields of 60 bushels an acre and corn 200.

No comments: