Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Large, early birthday present!

       While I was in Davenport, IA, recently I bought a new (used) truck.  I'd been looking a two now most are four door. A lot in Davenport trades in used rentals and was full of two door vehicles. Ed said "if you buy one I'll drive it to Sinai accompanied by MJ in the car for the return trip." I asked MJ if she got a vote and she said "Yes." 

      So yesterday I drove to Sinai and today Ed delivered my truck to my door. I said "It was really nice of you to give it a 500 mile test drive."  He said "It's your birthday present." 😁 Pretty special after they spoiled me several days in IA. It's not new but 14 years newer than the one it replaces. 

     Six family members convened with them for dinner tonight. They'll be visiting Joanne's grave in the morning. MJ and Joanne were very close as Ed and I have been since 1959. Our living those eight years in Davenport, twenty-five miles from their farm, gave ample time for MJ and Joanne to bond.

Takk for alt,

Al

               My new (used) truck. Cute isn't it?


No comments: