Thursday, December 15, 2022

Surprise!

     Two possible narratives are suggested by this mornings event. The first is in the form of the old joke. Why don’t you leave your car unlocked downtown in August? If you do it will be full of zucchini when you return.

    The second was suggested to me after Joanne died. A friend said that I should expect widows at my door bearing casseroles. Of course that has never happened. Josh and Mark are the only ones who come to the door of The Little House.

    This summer the truck was parked on Main Street. Returning to it, I found two jars of rhubarb jam. That was no mystery because I’d offered Pam rhubarb from the plants in my backyard. Today’s surprise is a mystery. Opening the truck door this morning I found a tin of cookies on the seat. It’s a five pound tin of Danish Cookies, by Kelsen, 28% butter. There’s not a clue to its origin? Sure beats zucchini! They certainly are good! Do youthink I should start locking my truck? 😁

Takk for alt,

Al

25 mph wind with snow today, more like an old fashioned blizzard.



                             Cookie surprise!


No comments: