Friday, December 23, 2022

Lucky number!

     What’s your lucky number? Lucky numbers have never been a part of my life but were I to choose one today it would be 14. That really seems an unusual lucky number doesn’t it? 3 or 7, or some single digit number seems a more obvious choice. Why 14?

    Today I had me fourteenth colonoscopy, and for the first time the doctor recommended that I not come back! Ever since my first one at age 50, it’s been “see you next year” or “see you in two years” etc. Even at the last previous one it was “see you in two years” though most people are excused at age 80. No polyps today and the risk of injury outweighs value of having one. Do you realize what this means? Never again having to drink a gallon of golytely! So on an icy morning Lisa made her final trip to deliver me to a colonoscopy.

   Likely without the regular screening I would have died from colon cancer. With that in mind I never complained about the prep or the process. Deeply grateful for good medical care and medical insurance I tolerated the discomfort with good cheer, mindful of all those who lack such access. Certainly happy to be finished!


Takk for alt,


Al

When asked, Bly admitted to watching perhaps one hour of television a week. He scoffed, “Television is the most disgusting form of not doing that we have. How can we have art if entertainment is everywhere?”  Robert Bly quoted in today's Writer's Almanac


No comments: