Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Reflecting with gratitude!

     What a difference a year makes! This time last year, with marvelous help from my family, we were actively (frantically?) downsizing from the condo. It was accomplished in three weeks, and I moved into the OFH on January 7. There were a few things left to do in the condo but that’s when I began living on Old Lexington Ave.

    Today as I reflected on my good fortune I was struck by how lucky I was that this attractive apartment, one of the last ones in the building, was available when we came for a tour in October, 2021. That availability triggered the downsizing and the sale of the condo. Closing on that sale June 27, wouldn’t have happened otherwise. Now, when the winter closed in on The Little House, I have this refuge of easy living.

    A friend was concerned that my calling it the 'Old Folk’s Home' might mean I didn’t like. On the contrary, calling it the Old Folk’s Home is not pejorative, it’s affectionate. Last year, when I was here for an extended period, I had thirty eight radiation treatments across town. So this will be first extended time of simply enjoying the amenities to which I look forward.

Takk for alt,

Al


                        Joanne would have loved life in the OFH.

No comments: