Sunday, December 18, 2022

Mail

    Mail is where I find it! Because of The Little House I get a free post office box in Sinai. Some mail arrives there. Having lived 10+ years at the condo downtown Minneapolis some mail is addressed there and is forwarded. Now, as an inmate of the OFH, it is my principal address so receives the most mail. Absent for extended times from the OFH a friend empties my mailbox so the letter carrier isn’t tempted to “return mail to sender.”

   The Christmas mail, including pictures, that finds me, is greatly appreciated, though I no longer do Christmas mailings. It’s a blessing to be remembered, and another gift for which to be grateful. A year ago at this time we were scrambling to downsize so I could move to the OFH. The stuff I shed in that process has not been missed, though I was tickled to have my china, silver and crystal used for a Thanksgiving meal, at which I was a guest.

   Yup, life is good!

Takk for alt,

Al

Downsizing is inevitable, the question is “who is going to do it?”



The wonderful women from St. James that served the food at our50th wedding anniversary event.

No comments: