Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Options

    In the elevator at the OFH there is a daily posting of the activities offered for the day. Today’s listing was for more than a dozen offerings. Seldom do I participate, because, as I told friends I didn’t come here to be entertained. These activities are very important for others. Many of the inmates don’t drive which limits their participation in events out of the building. Many have moved here from a distance so they are not connected to the community. Having lived in the metro area since 1988, I have many connections for activities out of the OFH.

   On December 23, there was advertised at 11:00 a.m., “Meet And Greet Your Neighbor.” The event was scheduled to be held in the Bistro. Entertaining an internal debate about attending I channeled Joanne and another friend. That was decisive as I clearly heard them say “Oh, just go!” So I went and….I was the only one there! 😄


Takk for alt,


Al


No comments: