Friday, April 22, 2022

OFH

      Weather wasn't good, Evy's birthday is Sunday, so Kaia and I are back in the OFH. While we were gone the maintenance man mounted two new shelves in the utility closet. The housing supervisor announced that I'm next in line for a garage parking spot and a storage unit. It would free up a bit of space in the apartment if the Christmas decorations and a few sundry other items could go into a storage unit. It's beginning to look like we should stay long term in the OFH, which could be a lot worse. 

    When I was asked when I'd return to in-person worship at Grace U. Lutheran I said "When coffee hour resumes."  The assumption being that that would happen when it was safe to mingle. That pledge was broken becasue I couldn't stay away for Easter. Now, Grace has announced that coffee hour will resume this Sunday! and I'm in town!  Martin Luther said coffee hour was the third sacrament, after baptism and communion. He called it the "mutual conversation and consolation of the saints". He was correct! Roman Catholic and Episcopalian readers may ask what happened to the other five sacraments? Google it. 

 Takk for alt.

Al


US Highway 81, by Lake Joanne is closed again. It will be raised for the 4th time and widened even though it is several feet above water level now. This is an old picture from previous flooding.

No comments: