Monday, April 4, 2022

OFH to OFMC

      The Phonak Hearing Aids, from the VA, are more resilient than previous versions I've used. Hearing aids and masks are not a good combination. Previous aids used a wire between the piece in the ear and the piece on the ear. Tangling with masks could break the wires. The Phonaks use a tube in place of a wire. Those tubes stand up to tangling with the masks better. 

   However, those tubes need occasional replacement. Today I drove from the OFH a couple of miles to the OFMC, (Old Folk's Medical Center), also known as the VA. I'm about average age of most of the vets I see. Reporting to the audiology department the audiology trainee, under the supervision of the audiologist, replaced the tubes in my aid. These aids are, by far, the best I've had. 

   Sixty-three years ago my initial pay, as a new Marine, was $78.00 per month. You might say, "Oh, yes, but you got free room and board."  True enough, and if you think it's such a great deal at today's pay, enlist. The benefits I've received from the VA the last few years total more than my pay for three years of enlistment. Yes, I'm grateful.

Takk for alt,

Al

        Today's random is a repeat: Our squad after a two week, field exercise on Okinawa. The color of the Okinawa soil is revealed by the color of our normally black boots.

No comments: