Saturday, April 2, 2022

A classic!

     Staying at the OFH because of wet weather rather than going to The Little House necessitates planning some daily outings so I don't just stagnate. One day it was a trip to Costco to get a couple of items and have a hotdog lunch. It doesn't get much more exciting then that 😁! Yesterday it was trip to the Half Price Bookstore nearby. Yes, I bought a couple of books.

   When I was done browsing the bookstore it was lunch time. Going to my handy phone GPS looking for food nearby, the Highland Grill popped up less than a block away. There a tasty bowl of soup provided my lunch. At an ad hoc dinner last, table group last night, I mentioned that I'd had lunch at the Highland Grill. Michelle responded "That's a classic." That was news to me. It was a cool place, to which I will return.

   Then, in an exchange of  texts with Les, I mentioned the Grill. He replied "Go a little farther on Cleveland Ave. to Cecil's Delicatessen. More excitement awaits me! Getting acquainted with a new neighborhood is interesting.

   The OFH does not have anyone on duty at the reception desk after 9:00 p.m. After watching the second semi-final basketball game in the Women's NCAA tournament I took Kaia out for her last walk of the evening at about 11:00 p.m. Access to the locked building is via an electronic fob which I left in my apartment. To gain access to the building I had to call Roy, who could let me in from his apartment. Two more such incidents and I'll be moved to the memory care floor 😜. But, will they allow me to bring Kaia?

Takk for alt,

Al

Today's random: On the day after Joanne's birthday here is a picture of her with her siblings and their spouses.

No comments: