Sunday, April 10, 2022

Comparative Sizes

       Kaia and I arrived at The Little House a bit ago. It was as we had left it a few weeks ago. Leaving the OFH is easy. Nick offered to take in my mail, because the OFH has no provision for that. Then, it's just lock the door and go.

     Of my three living spaces there's a significant difference in size. Comparing by square footage: condo 1835, apartment at OFH 880, Little House 725. So, calling it The Little House is no misnomer. It is helpful that it has two bedrooms, both of which would fit inside the bedroom in the OFH.

    A sense of peace descends driving out of the city through the farmland. It's particularly noticeable about mid-point where the prairie begins. I first became aware of this perception in the '60s. As I'd drive from the Cities toward Sinai it was if a pressure lifted when I reached the prairie. The imprinting of landscape early in life can carry forward throughout life. For one of my cousins, who grew up here in the dust bowl years of the 30's, the impression was so negative that she couldn't wait to leave. She came back only to visit.

Takk for alt,

Al


                Today's random is a prairie view.

No comments: