Monday, April 11, 2022

Numbers

       Remembering numbers is not my gift. Joanne could call a phone number once and recall it easily weeks later. Perhaps that's why she was encouraged to be a math major in college. This was in the mid-fifties when women were not often steered in that direction. It is interesting to wonder what she might have done had she pursued a career in mathematics.  

     Numbers came up when I stopped at the local post office this morning. Because I have a house in town I'm given a complimentary mail box in the post office, #34. There is no mail delivery in town. As part of registration I was asked my driver's license number. Not having the license with me I was asked if I knew the number.  I laughed! 

    As I left the post office I thought I could have offered my Marine Corps serial number. My enlistment was before the time when the Corps had shifted to using social security numbers. In June it will be 60 years since my discharge, yet I've never forgotten serial number. Go figure!

Takk for alt,

Al





No comments: