Sunday, April 17, 2022

HAPPY EASTER!

     Twenty-five months! That's how long it had been since I'd been in my church. Returning from Asia at the end of  February 2020, COVID was much on my mind. In Bangkok, before I boarded an airplane, I was asked if I'd been in China. When I changed planes in Seoul, Korea, we had our temperature taken as we deplaned. Normal temperatures went left abnormal went right...I went left.

    Back in the States there was little notice of COVID. Sitting at coffee after church, the first Sunday of March 2020, I said "We'll soon be quarantined." Those at the table wondered "Why?"   While correct about being quarantined I didn't expect it to last more that a few weeks. 

    Being back in church was a bit surreal.  Mostly it felt as if I'd never left. In the intervening months there's been a change of pastors. Other than that, and everyone masked, it seemed the same. Many of the usual suspects were present. Yes, I was warmly welcomed...maybe I'll go back. 😀   

Takk for alt,

Al


                        Today's random: Kaia, the wonder dog.

No comments: