Sunday, February 20, 2022

When the doorbell rings...

     There actually is a doorbell, of sorts, at the OFH. A visitor can call me from the entry and using my landline I can unlock the door from my apartment. Closed circuit TV from the entrance even allows me to view the visitor via my TV. 

     For some thirty years I played golf regularly with Frode. He was the most consistent golfer of our foursome, and though 17 years older than I, regularly outplayed me. Now at age 98 he likes to talk to me becasue he has so few peers alive.  He was always buying or building new clubs to improve his game. His wife once said "Every time I hear the doorbell I know it will be the delivery of a new golf club."

    This statement came to mind today after the front desk attendant at the OFH called to say a package had arrived for me. "A package for me?" Knowing I hadn't ordered anything  "A package for me?.. it must be a book from MJV."  Yes! Black Cake.  Likely it will be up next when I finish the two I'm currently reading. Thanks MJV!

    At the suggestion of  my niece and her husband, who were my guests a couple of weeks ago, I bought an air fryer. Three evenings a week the dining room is closed to those of us in the OFH' independent living apartments. It's closed due lack of staff.  Tonight, Sunday being one of the nights that the dining room is off limits, I'll initiate the fryer with a pork chop. Stay tuned.

Takk for alt,

Al 


This picture is from our dinner last night at the OFH. I'm flanked by my nieces, sisters, and their families.

No comments: