Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Small Convenience

      Now that I'm reading more the end of the books I brought from S.D. is in sight. Having recently read Ann Patchett's These Precious Days, I though her The Dutch House would be a good choice. Knowing that Lisa had read I texted her to inquire if she had it. Indeed she'd read it but had borrowed from the library.

    Next I turned to the Hennepin County Library to see if I could get it via Kindle. There was a long waiting list and I wanted it sooner. Remembering that the OFH has nice library I went there looking. Not only was there a copy on the shelf, there were two! Carrying one back to my apartment I found it engaging and read about fifty pages. The library, a small perk of life in The Old Folk's Home!

Takk for alt,

Al

No comments: