Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Waiting!

    There are fewer garage parking places than residents who want them here in the OFH. Signing up to move in, back in November, I was number eight on the wait list. Some days ago when I enquired about my place on the list I'd moved to number three. Sports fans neve chant "We're number three!" Apparently bronze at the Olympics is sometimes valued above silver. "I got a medal" vs "I just missed gold." I'm bronze on the waitlist. 
   Going out to my car to drive to my appointment on these sub-zero mornings reminds me why I should be in tropical Thailand. Other memories come to mind. The cars of my youth were questionable starters when it was very cold. Sometimes we'd cover the engine with a blanket while the engine was hot hoping to retain some heat until morning. Did it work? who knows. Today it's pretty much a given that cars start unless some maintenance has been neglected. Quickly that's taken for granted.
    Pining for a spot in garage does cause me some ambivalence. The Landings is very new building so few persons move out. My accession to an indoor spot most likely will come because either someone lost his/her driving privileges or died. Neither of those options are something I wish on another. Therefore, I will wait patiently.

Takk for alt,

Al 

No comments: