Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Recommended Reading!

       After MJV gave me Patchett's These Precious Days, which I've now passed on to Lisa, I found The Dutch House in the OFH library. It turned out to be a delightful read. Patchett fans who have read both books may agree with me that the father in House may have similarities to one of her fathers written about in the essay My Three Fathers in Days. This is a book for persons interested in relationships and an interesting study in family systems.

     The book jacket says this about the book. "The Dutch House is the story of  paradise lost, a tour de force that digs deeply into questions of inheritance, love, forgiveness,  how we want to see ourselves, and who we really are. It is filled with suspense, and though you may read it quickly to find out what happens, Danny and Maeve will stay with you for a very long time."  I couldn't say it better thus this quote. Published in 2019 likely one or both of you have already read it.

Takk for alt,

Al

                               Yesterday's view from the OFH, couldn't see to the river.

No comments: