Friday, February 25, 2022

97/36/21/55

        Lexington Landings, that I affectionally call The Old Folk's Home(OFH), has 97 independent living apartments. I occupy one of them. The OFH also has 36 assisted living units. In addition, there are also 21 memory care apartments. A person can transition from independent to assisted and on to memory care without leaving the building. Total them up and there are 154 total units.

     There are 55 reserved parking places in the underground garage. These were assigned on a 'first come' basis. Being almost 'last come' I've been on the waiting list since I registered in November. Upon registration I was number 8 in line for a parking spot. Assuming that persons in memory care don't have a vehicle...though a spouse might...likely it is the independents and assisteds that precede me in line. Recently I was informed that I'm next in line.

    Certainly looking forward to parking inside, the news also triggers a bit of ambivalence. This being a new building few persons move away. Securing a parking spot is going to come when someone either loses driving privileges or dies, neither of which I wish on any one. So, I wait patiently.

Takk for alt,

Al


PS: 29 of 38! 😃

No comments: