Thursday, November 11, 2021

What became of them?

       During my years in the Marines I had contact with many persons. For many we were together for two years. The first year was spent training at Camp Pendleton, CA. Then we were deployed together for another year in Asia. Of all those I've remained in contact with only one and he had a bit of contact with another.

    My discharge in June, 1962, was just as American involvement in The War In SE Asia (Viet Nam, Cambodia and Laos) was increasing. Of those known to me during my enlistment, were any killed in that war? If so, who?  A record search could be done but I've never chosen to do one.

    The picture posted below of my squad was taken on Okinawa at the end of a multi-week training exercise. Even some of their names have been forgotten. What became of them? I'd like to know, but...


Takk for alt,

Al

                             Can you identify me?




No comments: