Monday, November 15, 2021

Kaia and the cat.

      Emerging from The Little House first thing in the morning, Kaia and I discovered a cat on our sidewalk. Kaia was intrigued and likely would have loved to give chase if the cat would have cooperated and run. However, the cat was totally unperturbed by Kaia's attentions. It calmly walked over to me rubbed my ankles and laid down. That's the exact behavior of the Dayton, OH, attack cat that sent me to the emergency room. With that attack in mind and not wanting to encourage the cat to linger I resisted the temptation to pet her. Given her un-willingness to flee, Kaia lost interest and wandered off. Apparently the cat shares a home with a Doberman therefore not intimidated by Kaia.

     Many years ago I was hunting with Kaia's predecessor, Kai, when he encountered a feral cat. Kai ran over to sniff the cat which leaped on his head, holding on with all four feet. Kai yelping, the cat squalling, they did a couple of somersaults until the cat leapt off. The cat ran one way and Kai another, having learned his lesson about cats in the wild. Fortunately he wasn't hurt, though I don't know about his ego.  

Takk for alt

Al 

No comments: