Monday, November 22, 2021

From duty to enthusiasm!

       In the process of achieving residency at Lexington Landings, a meeting with the housing director was the next step. So today I met with her. As she talked, explaining life there, we filled out the forms, and she answered questions, I felt an internal shift. Ever since the decision was made to seek residency at the Landings I've been congruent about the decision. While congruent, the prevailing motivation has been duty. Knowing it was the right thing to do the prospect of downsizing from a three bedroom condo to a one bedroom apartment weighed on my mind. 

       Spending an hour plus with the housing director caused an internal shift from 'dutiful motivation' to 'this will be exciting.' One of my more through friends visited 12 senior living facilities before making a selection. Two were on my visit list, the first with a wait list of ten years would still be my first choice, but Lexington Landings looks like a great fit and, I don't have to tour ten more places. 😀

Takk for alt,

Al

PS These are both from the Minneapolis StarTribune. 







No comments: