Sunday, November 7, 2021

How much was saved?

       In conversation last night with a friend who's in Arizona he reminded me to set my clocks back. Without his reminder I likely would have forgotten. Ironically, Arizona doesn't do daylight savings. My clocks were duly changed and I'm making the internal adjustment.

     The entire enterprise of springing forward and falling back begs the question: With daylight savings time how much daylight was saved? Perhaps if that savings cannot be quantified it is time to end the practice. Certainly many parents with small children would celebrate its demise. 

    It's an odd country in which we live!  My lunch today was at the Sinai Volunteer Firefighter's fund raiser. So, these volunteer firefighters who protect us have do fund raisers to be able to protect us! What's wrong with this picture?  What is even more bizarre is that everyone assumes that's a normal way to operate! Were this logic followed to its conclusion we'd have bake sales to support the U.S. Army. It was a good lunch at which I enjoyed visiting with neighbors, but??????????

Takk for alt,

Al

No comments: