Thursday, April 29, 2021

Sinai was saved!

        Thank the volunteer fire department! I've often referenced the little pond across the street from The Little House. The pond is on the north fringe of town. North of the pond is a hundred and sixty acre field of grass. With a north wind blowing at 14 mph that grass caught fire this afternoon. Without a quick response from the fire department the northern tier of houses, and perhaps more, may have burned. Yes, the fire danger is high.

      When the fire erupted I was 6+ miles west of town discing my corn ground. Smoke was visible but I didn't think much of it. As I approached town from the west there was a patrol car at the intersection just west of town posted to prevent traffic from going north. The burned hillside told me most of what I needed to know and the fire was out. 

   This morning I disced the east field in preparation for planting. It's about 4 miles east of town. This afternoon I disced the west field which is 6+ miles west of town. Perfect for a lunch break between fields.

Takk for alt,

Al

                             Glacier egg pulled up by the plow.
                                    Discing east of town.
         Discing west of town, with Lake Joanne in the background.



      


No comments: