Saturday, April 24, 2021

Expectations reversed.

       When friends first came to visit us in after we moved into our condo in downtown Mpls, they were often surprised. Perhaps they expected a little box with 90 degree corners. It's actually quite spacious and not all right angles. It's almost three times as large as The Little House, which as it's name implies, is a little house. The condo is much larger than I need but I'm not ambitious enough to hunt for a smaller one. The view from the 15th floor feels my need for a vista. Because it's at the end of a wing of the building I get a variety of views. From one window I can see the falls of the Mississippi, out the sliding glass doors to the balcony I can see North Memorial Hospital on the horizon seven miles to the northwest, and opposite the window that views the falls aare views downtown skyscrapers with the classic Foshay Tower visible between the taller buildings.  Most would expect the house to be larger than the condo but in this case expectations are reversed. 

      Tomorrow I'll head back to The Little House. My next stay at the condo will be the weekend of May 15. How much will downtown change in a month?  It will be interesting to see.

Takk for alt,

Al

    

No comments: