Friday, April 16, 2021

Plowing Ahead!

        Tired of waiting for perfect weather I chose today to commence field work thought the temperature was in the 40s and overcast. Mindful of the Norwegian adage that 'there's no bad weather, only bad clothing' I donned my down vest and heaviest Carhart parka and headed to the field. The result? I'm half done with my plowing  and in field conditions that were ideal. Dressed appropriately I was comfortable on my cab-less tractor. 

      The field was a food plot of corn that stood through the winter to feed wildlife. Feed they did! The deer and the pheasants cleaned up the corn so completely I didn't see a kernel.  The ground is adjacent to a multi-tree row and 50 acres of tall grasses. This means that the pheasants and deer would have wind and storm protection as well as good cover to avoid predators. 

    Tomorrow I'll just be another man (farmer?) outstanding in his field...or, maybe driving. 

Takk for alt,

Al

                    Stopped to removed a large rock that was plowed up I took a picture.


No comments: