Wednesday, April 28, 2021

He/she is back!

         The egret that patrols the shore of the little pond across the street has returned. This assumes that it is the same bird but I don't know that for a fact. While I'm glad to see him/her back the frogs on which he/she preys may have a different opinion about the egrets return. Every night he/she flies off to roost in trees with other egrets. There's safety in numbers. It would be interesting to know the location of the night habitat. Would there also be nests there at the roosting site?

         On Saturday, May 1, it will be the anniversary of my staying in The Little House. As always, time passes quickly even during the pandemic. It's been a good place to quarantine. Now as spring advances there is more for me to do outside so I will spend much of my time here. 

Takk for alt,

Al


            Reading has been a significant factor in my contentment in The Little House. 

No comments: