Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Planting trees and...

         Many years ago, Rollie and I, planted 700 trees in a day. Those days are long past. However, I did plant 20 lilac, 5 choke cherry and 1 grape vine today. The lilac and choke cherry were replacements for trees that had died in existing tree rows. Hardy as cedar are they sometimes die, even after growing several feet tall.  These plantings today were all bareroot plants. One potted grapevine was planted next to a clothes-line post in the backyard of The Little House.  Now some rain would be welcome. 

       Local farmers have been busy planting corn. It's early but if they wait and a rainy period comes then they will wish that they would have planted. It gets me thinking about doing my planting. With soil conditions on the dry side early planting would likely be an advantage.   

Takk for alt,

Al

                    Pelicans on my little pond this morning.





1 comment:

Peter J said...

Had a happy, healthy Concord grape vine at our previous home, but I never did figure out how to prune it in order to actually get any grapes. It was too tricky for me. ;->