Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Writing into a void.

       I'm hankering for the comments that used to appear when I was blogging on Caring Bridge. Daily I send a missive into the void and occasionally there will be a comment but nothing regularly. I'd be happy if this were more of a dialog, persons agreeing, disagreeing and responding to my thoughts.

     The bag of ear corn I picked earlier sits by my front door. The ears, thrown into my yard for the blue jays and mourning doves that are over wintering, is often claimed by fox squirrels. Squirrels need to eat, too, so they are welcome to the corn. This is the season that challenges wildlife so I do a little be for them. The doves seem a bit mystified by ear corn but not neither the jays nor the squirrels. There doesn't appear to be any crows roosting in town. No cottontails have been spotted recently but they have left tracks in the snow. It's been a couple of years since I last saw a jackrabbit but when I did it was on edge of the South Dakota State University campus. That was very appropriate placement because SDak State's mascot is the jackrabbit.

Takk for alt,

Al


                 The white temple outside of Chaing Rai, Thailand.

 

      

1 comment:

Michelene said...

The little creatures of the world thank you for your hospitality.