Monday, January 11, 2021

Alone but........

 Maya Angelou  (1928-2014)

Alone

Lying, thinking
Last night
How to find my soul a home
Where water is not thirsty
And bread loaf is not stone
I came up with one thing
And I don't believe I'm wrong
That nobody,
But nobody
Can make it out here alone.

Alone, all alone
Nobody, but nobody
Can make it out here alone.


     While I live alone I don't feel like I'm alone. Of course there's Trygve, who's living the best dog's life with a daily hunt and human presence 24/7. Thought I live alone, media, especially the phone, but also zoom and email, connect me with others.

    Of course there's more to Maya Angelou's thought than only human connection. Even alone we are never truly alone.

    This is the time of year I usually go to Thailand to teach. Not being able to do that makes me sad. So, I'll post a picture or two from Thailand.

Takk for alt,

Al



No comments: