Tuesday, January 19, 2021

The wind blows...

        "The wind blows to the south, and goes around to the north; round and round goes the wind, and on its circuits the wind returns."  Ecclesiastes 1:6 RSV.

      One might think that the author of Ecclesiastes lived in South Dakota with his description of the wind. After brekfast this morning, as I was reading the papers, I became aware that I could hear wind in the trees. Checking the weather app on my phone I discovered that indeed there was wind, NW 30mph. This caused a change of plans that flummoxed Trygve. When I'm dressing Trygve sniffs of my clothes so he knows what is being planned. Upon arising this morning I donned my hunting clothes so Trygve assumed we were going hunting. When I discovered the strength of the wind I abandoned plans to hunt and changed out of hunting clothes. Trygve didn't know what to make of the switch. Two days in a row of no hunting and he's a bit impatient. "Tomorrow," I tell him, but what's tomorrow to a dog?

      Such in life in The Little House.

Takk for alt,

Al

                                              School opening.


No comments: